Quercus announces sale in the healthcare recruitment sector

September 3, 2015
Andrew Clegg

The Quercus team, led by Andrew Clegg and Nick Standen, advised James and Vicky Nyssen, founder shareholders of Reading-based Pharma Professional Group Ltd (trading as “Clinical Professionals”), on the sale of their shares to CPL Resources Plc, a leading staffing group headquartered in Dublin.

In total, CPL Resources Plc acquired 89.8% of the issued equity with the remaining 10.2% retained by Clinical’s senior management team who will remain with the business.

Financial details have not been disclosed.

Founded in 2006, Clinical Professionals is Europe’s leading life sciences staffing business and includes the highly respected Only Medics and Regulatory Professionals brands within its portfolio. It provides outsourced recruitment and life sciences staffing expertise to more than 200 customers including some of the world’s largest pharmaceutical, biotech and medical technology companies. Clinical Professionals benefits from a broad base of long-standing customer relationships based on their ability to deliver a consistently high level of service and innovation within professional staffing.

Andrew Clegg, Quercus Partner said:

“I am delighted that Clinical Professionals is now joining forces with CPL Resources as this will help accelerate management’s ambitious growth plans in what continues go be an active segment of the staffing market.  James and Vicky have deservedly realized the considerable value they have built up in the company over the past nine years”.

James Nyssen, Clinical Professionals’ co-founder, added:

“Vicky and I are delighted that CPL have chosen to combine with Clinical Professionals as this will help the company to expand and achieve its full potential.  The advice provided by Andy and Nick at Quercus Corporate Finance was first rate; their commercial approach to problem solving and their relentless focus on achieving an excellent result for us both meant all the difference and we are very pleased with the result”.

News Centre

Recent News

NVM invests in MRO+ Solutions Group

A Quercus International team, led by Michael Mortimor, has provided sector-led buy-side support to NVM on their investment to support the management buyout of MRO+ Solutions Group. MRO Solutions is a highly technical, value-added distributor of critical products to a range of process and manufacturing industries.  The Group operates nationally through its wholly owned subsidiaries, […]

Literacy Capital invests in Live Business

A Quercus International team, led by Michael Mortimor and Andrew Clegg, has advised the shareholders of Live Business Limited (“Live Business” or the “Company”) on an investment in the business by Literacy Capital plc (“Literacy Capital”), giving it a significant minority stake. Since its establishment by Mark Dixon and Dan Lock, Live Business has evolved […]

Terra Alliance International M&A network announces record growth in deal volume and values

Quercus International is the exclusive UK member firm of the Terra Alliance International M&A network and in 2023 member firms completed 97 transactions, a 10% increase on the previous year. Deal value 2023  also increased, by over 40%, to $18 billion.  The chart below shows that active sectors over the past 12 months include Industrial, Consumer, […]

1 2 3 32